Login  |  Signup   Connect with us  

Dumfries & Galloway Housing Partnership prosecuted over renovation work which put residents at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning

Dumfries & Galloway Housing Partnership has been prosecuted after allowing renovation work which put residents at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Dumfries Sheriff Court heard that Scotland’s second largest registered social landlord had allowed chimneys to be removed from properties on two separate occasions. It was later discovered during annual gas checks that the chimneys had acted as the necessary gas flue for adjacent properties.

 

HSE’s investigation into both incidents revealed that at the time the chimney removals took place there was no procedure in place for the company’s workers to follow in respect of this type of work and no risk assessments were carried out in relation to the chimney removals which would have identified the risk to carbon monoxide poisoning for the residents.

 

Dumfries & Galloway Housing Partnership Limited pleaded guilty to breaching Section 3(1) of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act (1974) and was fined £8,000.

Share this story: 

Add new comment

Latest #ukhousing Tweets

Ecodan for New Build Applications